Sunday, February 1, 2009

snow days create confusion for me!

So, being out of school for so long has just made me more frazzled than usual! I just get nervous about classes and what i'm supposed to have done, etc, AND, we haven't had the internet all week so I had to call friends for updates on classes, which was okay, but i'm at a coffee shop now catching up on my own. It has been a nice little break though.
Anyway-- I've been thinking a lot about the solo performances we have coming up and how to incorporate all of the viewpoints, my favorite song, etc. I think I can do it, but I just don't know if it will all fit together smoothly. The big thing that I'm worried about at the moment is the song. I'll be sure to ask questions in class tomorrow, but I just don't know whether I have to play the whole song? or just a small clip. And i'm worried about going over the 5 minute limit because when I get to telling a personal story, I can go on for forever. I'll work that out on my own though. I'm excited to do this performance because it is bringing all of ourselves into something which is something that we try not to do in theatre. We try to separate ourselves from our personal characteristics as much as possible to portray this other character that we don't always know so well, so I'm excited to finally get to do something completely about myself- the person I know the most about. So, I look forward to class tomorrow, and getting back into the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment