Sunday, February 1, 2009

Solo Performance

So I just wrote a page of a story I'd like to use for my Solo Performance. I feel okay about it. I think I do a lot more telling, and I definitely need to figure out where I'm going to fit in all of the ingredients. I'm pretty worried about all of them, to tell the truth (I started a list, and had so many that I just feel compelled to say they are all intimidating). I actually might have a place for the ten seconds of silence, surprisingly, but the others are all eek! I know pretty much all of the Viewpoints will automatically exist within the piece, but I am excited to see what comes out when I stand up the writing and say the words out loud. I just felt like I needed to get the story out first, and then fit in the rest. I'm not married to what I've written, but it is definitely something to work with.
I feel rejuvenated after writing it, though. I struggled so much with finding something to write about. I don't know, I had a lot of ideas, but nothing has really jumped out at me like "THAT'S IT!" Even what I have written is not speeding my heart rate, like something that really moves me. I might scrap it if I come up with something else in my dreams tonight. Or maybe I'll fall in love with the piece after I workshop it with someone. Watching the other solo performances on the internet has really helped, but I think what will be more helpful is seeing what my classmates have chosen to talk about and how they incorporate the elements we've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment