Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ready To Learn!

Hello All,

I am very excited to be working in this class as this will be my first community-based theatrical experience! Although, I'm sure some would argue that every theatrical experience is through community, whether it is defined as the acting ensemble and crew, the production staff, or even the audience. Anyway, I am currently an MFA student at U of L, trying to expand my knowledge of theatre as art and literature. And with the help of Amy and this class, I should hope to also be exploring theatre as anthropology (which I had never thought of before and I'm not sure why!) and community strengthening. I also have a special and exciting connection with this class because I am currently planning my own wedding for next August. So the ideas and connotations of marriage are fresh in my head, defining what marriage could possibly mean to my future husband and I. I also am getting the first hand-experience on how other brides and grooms view weddings and marriage. I am so excited to see what I can learn about myself and relationships while in this class!

1 comment:

  1. This class has a way of opening up acting students. The process of making a picture with shape, tempo, duration, kinestic response, repetition, gesture, architecture, spatial relationships, topography, found with the viewpoints design.

    ReplyDelete