Friday, January 16, 2009

I lived in California for 10 years and Florida for 5 years but I have always considered myself a Kentuckian. I was born in Owensboro, Kentucky, the same city as fellow actor Johnny Depp.
Naomi Wallace's works are especially interesting to me because I see the Pope Lick Bridge every day and I am fascinated with Kentucky history. I hope she is able to attend our public play readings this Saturday afternoon and have a question and answer time after the readings. I would love to understand how she got started and the reason for her ties to Kentucky.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that these plays are of particular interest because of their connection with Kentucky. I read them first when I was living away, and loved the fact that there were references to places I knew and characters that were familiar. At the same time, they place Kentucky in a global context, which I think is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Naomi Wallace won't be attending these early readings ... she is from Kentucky but doesn't live here anymore, and won't be in town until after we're further into the process.

    ReplyDelete