Sunday, January 11, 2009

Who-- My name is Cassie (Cassandra) Perkins. I am a senior now at u of l, so this is my last semester (hopefully,) and i am a theatre major, which is freaking me out more and more every day because I have NO idea what I'm going to do with it. When i really think about it, I could do a lot of things, I just don't know where to start, or what I want to do first. Really when it comes down to it, I want to perform for a living, but, that is very difficult to pull off, so we'll see. Actually my dad just told me over the phone that I should be an airline stuartist, so.. i've got options.

Where-- I am originally from Campbellsville, KY. Everybody who knows me very well knows at least this about me because you can't help but ask where I'm from after hearing my country accent. A lot of people haven't heard of this town because it's pretty small, but growing, and it's in south central KY. My family has a 200 acre farm there, and I know almost everyone says this about their home town but it is honestly the most beautiful place in the world. To go walking down to the river and woods and just take it all in is such a release and also a humbling experience at the same time. I could go on and on forever about it, but i won't. I'm just really thankful for that place where I have great experiences to learn from and also a place I can go back to that helps me to relax and put everything into perspective.

Why-- I am interested in theatre really because it's always been the one thing that I knew i wanted to do. I am so indecisive when it comes to my life plans, but theatre has always been consistent whenever I think about the future. I want to take this class because the experimentation of it alone is very exciting to me. I feel like through this class we are going to discover a lot of things about people in general, and ourselves that we didn't know already. I'm just excited to be a part of something new and original, and to work with a small group of people who feel the same excitement and determination to discover new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment