Saturday, January 10, 2009

Melanie's Introduction

Hey everyone! My name is Melanie Henry and I am in my last undergraduate semester here at UofL. Whoo Hoo!
I was born in Eastern Kentucky, but moved to Louisville at a very young age. This is definitely the town I call home.
My enrollment in this class has a lot to do with the requirement if fulfills for spring graduation. However, I have always had an interest in storytelling and what it can achieve. My mother is a novelist, and essayist, and a storyteller. She always taught me to listen to people's stories in order to be able to fully tell my own. I think I'll be in the listening stage for most of my life, though. This is where this class comes in, I guess. I want to hear as many stories as possible, as well as try out a different and innovative form of theatre.
I've had a complete hodgepodge of theatrical training. I started in acting and directing, stage managed way too many plays, coordinated Studio Theatre for a couple of years and have spent the majority of my career at the university buried deep in the costume shop. My experiences have led me down many different paths, and frankly I'm not sure if I will choose theatrical practice as a career; however, I will always enjoy the study and practice of the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment